Tuesday, December 27, 2005


Another Christmas come and gone. Of course there were the usual goodies and decorations. We had lots of presents and the like. But this Christmas was different too. It was special. First of all, it was on Sunday. I think that really helped us remember what Christmas is all about. It is ok to say words like God, and Savior. Heaven forbid we might offend someone. The other reason this was special for us is that Bob and Nancy, Heather's parents flew in from Idaho to visit. I always like to remind them how cold it is there and how nice it is here. Well, they decided to find out for themselves. They got here on the 23d and will stay for a week. It has been a lot of fun. They got to meet the people we have come to love here in our branch. Sacrament meeting was wonderful. And no Bob, lightning didn't strike! Thanks for coming to church with us. We love you.


This week we will see some sights. We went to the Winchester Mansion yesterday. What a weird place. They built it for a 4'10" widow. I could barely get my shoulders through the first stairway. It was creepy and interesting. We saw doors that open to a 4 story drop. Others that opened on a brick wall. There were something like 160 rooms that she had built 7 days a week for 38 years until she died. I guess she did it to appease the spirits of people who had been killed by the Winchester rifles. Today we will make a treck to San Francisco and eat some clam chowder. We will also stop in Oakland and look at the temple while the lights are on. I will post a picture later. We might also drive around Samuel Merritt College, one of the anesthesia schools I am looking at. Well, take care and Merry Christmas. See you next Year!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Hey Jared,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Make an appointment with Sam Merrit College before you visit there. They like to see that you are interested and "interviewing them" also. It makes your application look well thought out when they know you looked them over to see if they were worth attending. Good luck.
Jeff