

This morning we had breakfast with Santa at the church in St. Helena. The kids loved it. Miyah was flirting with Santa. Shane was shy and didn't want to talk to the fat man. He's more of a letter writer. I thought he would love a chance to give his rapid fire speech about how he wants a "Fantastic Four mask and gloves with missile launch and a belt". This part of the holidays I love. I do not, however, like the last minute holiday shopping. Every year we say we are going to get it done early and skip the crowds and the traffic. Every year we miscalculated or procrastinate. Oh well. Yesterday we went to several stores in Santa Rosa. It was a mad house. I was threatened by some big heffers at walmart and continue my streak of choosing the longest line and the slowest checkers. Traffic in Northern California is usually not too bad. This week it was horrible. We drove to Oakland a few days ago, and I swear it gave me an ulcer. While I am griping, I just want to touch on my newest pet peeve. That is the quaint cultural trait of the Mexican population regarding shopping carts. Mexico must be littered with shopping carts. Here, they go to the market, load up a cart with groceries, walk home and leave the cart in their front yard. Every yard has 2 or 3. No kidding. Yesterday I watched a lady come out of Sunshine Foods, load the groceries in her car, and instead of taking the cart 100 feet to the cart coral, she walks 2 cars over and wedges her cart between a couple of suv's. Give me a break. Anyway, let us love one another and be tolerant during this holiday season. God bless you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment